Re: [Xotcl] TIP #257 & XOTcl as an OO framework

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 16:29:14 +0300

On 5 Oct 2006, at 02:07, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

For what it's worth, I definitely think the two-levelled approach
makes sense. Get as dynamic a core as possible, which will benefit
all extensions, then build stuff on top of it. However, I also think
there should be a simple and powerful user-level OO facility packaged
with the core distribution, so there is at least one that is always
there. The best is if both happen at once. I'm right now inclined to
believe a prototype object system could well provide that.

In any case, if your proposal gains some support, as it probably
will, TIP it :-)

            / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/