[Xotcl] Children object shadows parent objects method

From: V.K.Vallinayagam <valli_at_ezorder.in>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 06:30:01 -0800

Hi,
 I just joined this list to get this help. I am seeing this behaviour.
It is giving lot of inconvenience to me. I want to know if it is a bug
or not -?.
 In short, if I have a children object as the same name as parent
object's proc/instproc . The parent object's method is not getting called.

 Here is a sample code.

  Object a
  Object a proc name {} {
   return "I am valli"
  }
  a name # returns "I am valli"
  Object a::name # Child object with same name as the proc
  a name # returns ::a::name and not the previous message

 Is this the desired behaviour. Is there any workaround.

Regards
Vallinayagam
valli_at_ezorder.in