Re: [Xotcl] ANN: ActiveTcl 8.4.14.0 and 8.5.0.0b6 now available

From: Jeff Hobbs <jeffh_at_activestate.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 15:32:55 -0800

Scott Gargash wrote:
> xotcl-bounces_at_alice.wu-wien.ac.at wrote on 11/28/2006 07:41:26 PM:
>
> > ActiveState is pleased to announce the release of ActiveTcl 8.4.14.0
> > and 8.5.0.0 Beta 6, the quality-assured distribution of Tcl, available
> > for AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris and Windows.
>
> Is there any way to get the xotcl c-interface files (the .h/.lib files)
> that correspond to the version of XOTcl that ships with the ActiveState
> release? They're not present in the distribution.

Hmmm, well, we don't keep those around. With the number of binary
extensions in ActiveTcl, we made a decision a few years ago to save
space by not keeping around the dev bits. I understand that they would
be useful to a small percentage of users, but we haven't figured out any
way to easily automate the handling of dev bits separate from user bits.

Jeff