[Xotcl] segmentation faults and bus errors

From: Ben Thomasson <ben.thomasson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 13:34:35 -0400

Hello again,

I bring bad news. I am receiving seg faults and bus errors while
running XOTcl code. I am running XOTcl 1.5.3 and Tcl 8.4 on both
Linux x86 and OS X PPC. I received the errors randomly on both
platforms. This started occuring when I reloaded the source code. At
first I thought it was related to Tcl packaging, but I mostly removed
calls to package require and package forget. Currently I just use
source to load most files. I am writing code generation libraries
and using Object eval so I may be doing new things with XOTcl. How
should I go about debugging these seg faults? Are core dumps useful?
  I'll try to write a script that reproduces the problem, but I
haven't really narrowed the problem down yet.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben