Re: [Xotcl] problem with new

From: Stefan Sobernig <stefan.sobernig_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 14:44:58 +0200

Victor,

> Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 19:40:43 -0700
> From: Victor Mayevski <vitick_at_gmail.com>
> Subject: [Xotcl] problem with new
> To: Xotcl_at_alice.wu-wien.ac.at
>
> In my code, when trying to create a new autonamed instance of one of
> my classes, I get the following error:
>
> [ MyClass new ]
> invalid command name "::xotcl"
>
> I don't even know where to start looking for the cause of this error
> since "new" is a built-in method of XOTcl. This error only happens
> with this particular code, other code works fine. Any
> tips/suggestions?

I never encountered this issue (or sth. apparently similar) in
an isolated piece of XOTcl code. And it is hard to tell from
the two liner as this is most certainly rooted in your application-leve
code (e.g. your MyClass declaration).

Can you provide access to your application's code or compile a
minimal, yet complete test script which reproduces the issue?

//stefan