Re: [Xotcl] XOTcl and Tcl 8.6

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu.ac.at>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 21:41:32 +0100

Dear Koen,

thanks for the feedback. TclObjInterpProcCore() came in tcl 8.5 and allows
a much faster dispatch for scripted methods. Unfortunately, it is gone
in 8.6
(replaced by a NRE variant, which would require many more changes).
i built a version of 1.6.5 not requireing TclObjInterpProcCore() and
uses the slower 1.6.1-like method dispatch when compiled against 8.6.
This version will eventually get released as 1.6.6

all the best
-gustaf neumann