Re: [Xotcl] Announcing: Spindle v0.1 — An MVC web framework for Tcl/XOTcl

From: Victor Mayevski <vitick_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:20:40 -0700 (PDT)

Kristoffer,

Your project reminds me of another project someone else is doing using TCL, which tries to emulate the way Ruby-on-Rails works. It also claims simplicity and ease of use. The trouble is that in order to start using it one has to learn Ruby-on-Rails first.

With your project people need to learn what MVC is, how it works etc. I tried to look at your examples and I could not understand at all how it works. I suspect that there is prior knowledge of other things required to grasp what you are trying to accomplish. And your assumption is that most people already have that knowledge. I don't know about others, but I probably don't have that knowledge, although I understand the http/html very well.

My suggestion is that you provide very simple examples that explain what each example does (what/how/why).

Thanks and good luck with your project.