Re: [Xotcl] Permissions framework

From: Stefan Sobernig <stefan.sobernig_at_wu.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:25:41 +0200

> Has anyone done any code or a framework for managing per-class permissions? Basically a way to do rules describing which other objects, or which roles users must have, in order to call the different methods provided by instances of the class (plus any class procs). This is kind of like an expanded approach to Java style simple permissions (private/protected/public), which of course could also be incorporated into that, if wanted.

Nope, speaking for myself, I have never done anything into this
direction. (And never really felt the need for doing so.)

In the upcoming major release, there will be some "access properies"
(like the UML2 private, for instance) to manipulate the publicly
accessible signature interface of an object whereas these can then still
be tweaked (removed or set) through a lower-level API at any time).

//stefan