Re: [Xotcl] Very severe limitation in XOTcl

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_scred.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:21:39 +0300

On 5 Aug 2010, at 12:11, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> Am 05.08.10 10:38, schrieb Kristoffer Lawson:
>> Yes, this is also true for setting a parameter:
>>
>> Car new -doors $amount
>>
>> If $amount contains a dash, it'll do a method call.
>>
> Well, "contains" is too strong,
> "starts with a dash followed by alpha" is precise.

Sorry, yes. I need to check still what 2.0 does with:

Car c1 $a

where $a starts with a dash.

> Class Car -parameter {{doors:integer 4}}
> Car c1 -doors -2
> Car c2 -doors a-b
>
> to trigger an error on "c2", or better define your own checker "posint"
>
> Class Car -parameter {{doors:posint 4}}
>
> to get already errors on c1.

I think these are fine. Errors when given a parameter of the wrong type are totally expected, and cannot be abused to execute code with bad values.

--
Kristoffer Lawson, Co-Founder, Scred // http://www.scred.com/