Re: [Xotcl] Very severe limitation in XOTcl

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_scred.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 13:49:29 +0300

On 5 Aug 2010, at 13:38, Gustaf Neumann wrote:

> For XOTcl 2.0, the behavior for this example is like in XOTcl 1.* (it has to be
> for compatibility for many one-liners out there), for the new syntax, you get an
> error message (... and, by default, one has to use "Car create c1" instead of
> "Car c1", since the latter is dangerous as well).

Yeah, I agree the latter is dangerous, if in a different way. Basically you can end up with really obscure bugs if you mistype "instproc" somewhere. I speak with experience :-)

Must get round to reading your papers on XOTcl 2.0. They're open and waiting for me to get round to them...

--
Kristoffer Lawson, Co-Founder, Scred // http://www.scred.com/