[Xotcl] Annonce: XOTcl 0.85 released - compatible with XOTcl 2.0

From: Artur Trzewik <mail_at_xdobry.de>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2012 22:28:23 +0100

Hi XOTcl Friends!

The new release of XOTclIDE 0.85 is ready on
http://www.xdobry.de/xotclIDE

Changes:
1. Compatible with XOTclI 2.0 (nxf based XOTcl). Many thanks to Gustaf
Neumann for patches.
Indeed XOTcl 2.0 seems to be the most backward compatible version ever
of XOTcl. I was quite surprised that my many thousand of XOTcl code runs
without problems with XOTcl 2.0. So version difference 1.6 to 2.0 seems
to be most internal nature.

But there is small change in XOTcl 2.0 that make problem with old
XOTclIDE 0.84.
The method names can not start with : but it was used in _at_ Object to
store meta information for IDE.

If you have all XOTclIDE components, you will need to load and write all
components with XOTclIDE 0.85 (if you use file system components) and
XOTcl 1.6
and then you can use them with XOTclIDE 0.85 and XOTcl 2.0.

All just remove the colons from meta descriptions

For example
_at_ ::IDE::Browser idemeta component IDEBaseGUI

_at_ IDE::Browser idemeta component IDEBaseGUI

2) Improvements in tcl syntax checker. Now it knows new tcl 8.5 commands
(for example dict)

3) New namespace browser

4) New interpreter browser. You can create slave interperter run and
inspect the state of interpreter

5) Modified wiki reaper. It can list wiki pages with tcl code, run it in
slave interpreter and inspect it.

6) Code completion knowns also tcl commands options.

7) Many other improvements and bug fixes.

Artur