[Xotcl] NX on windows

From: Jonathan Kelly <jonkelly_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:09:06 +1000

Hi,

I'm trying to get nx working under windows. I was using Activestate 8.5
on an XP box ... and following the suggestion on the website I installed
MSVisualStudio 10.0 express ... but I couldn't see how to get that to
work ... there isn't a Makefile ... I had downloaded nsf2.0b3

So I thought I'd try cygwin (which I already use for other purposes). I
installed the compile tools, and ran configure, but it broke because I
apparently don't have a /usr/local/include/tcl8.5/tools/genStub.tcl ...
I took a gamble and downloaded a version I found on the web somewhere,
and then configure ran but with some warning messages. Make then breaks
with this

./generic/nsfError.c:116: error: conflicting types for 'NsfPrintError'
./generic/nsfDecls.h:73: error: previous declaration of 'NsfPrintError'
was here
./generic/nsfError.c:116: error: conflicting types for 'NsfPrintError'
./generic/nsfDecls.h:73: error: previous declaration of 'NsfPrintError'
was here
Makefile:575: recipe for target `nsfError.o' failed

I'm happy to be the guinea pig for getting the "use NX on windows"
instructions to be useable.

Or should I just use XOTcl ... ?

Thanks
Jon.