[Xotcl] Abstract class question

From: Laurent Duperval <laurent.duperval_at_netergynet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:11:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

How do you enforce abstract methods? For example:

Class Foo
Foo abstract instproc procdef args

Class Bar -superclass
Bar instproc proc2

Bar barObj

I would like an error to be thrown at the "Bar barObj" line because the Bar
object doesn't define the procdef instproc. Is this rule enforceable? Is my
only way at it to use assertions?

Thanks,

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK
Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
Netergy Networks - Java Center            and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:laurent.duperval_at_netergynet.com           Penguin Power!