Re: [Xotcl] Xotcl SOAP/Ramblings..

From: Uwe Zdun <uwe.zdun_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 11:02:08 +0200

The SOAP integration on my homepage is a simple example how to
integrate TclSOAP (with tclhttpd ... it should be no problem to
use another web server) and XOTcl. This is not intended as production
code ... I prepared it for a student project. It worked for the
students (they have done a web calendar with it). Yet, it can only handle
generic invocations and more work would to be done to provide a more
complete integration. The disadvantage of this solution is that TclSOAP
is not the fastest variant ... I don't know in how far that matters
compared to other web service solutions, web services are slow anyway.

two other solutions are possible, writing a new SOAP implementation (as
Gustaf suggested e.g. with tdom) ... that's a lot of work ... the word
"simple" in SOAP should not be taken literaly.

or you integrate an existing solution in another language in Tcl or Tcl in it
respectively.

--uwe