Re: [Xotcl] Re: Bug: configure step chooses wrong tclsh [REASONING]

From: Jeff Hobbs <jeffh_at_ActiveState.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 13:54:36 -0700

Gustaf Neumann wrote:
> - Jeffs suggestion was to use the TEA_* macros instead of the
> stuff we use currently. I was not aware of these new TEA macros.
> the sample extension (sampleextension-0.2) in http://www.tcl.tk/doc/tea/
> contains only SC_* macros, and no TEA_ at all. the same is with tcl8.4.6
> find tcl8.4.6 -type f | xargs fgrep TEA_
> On the other hadm it still uses SC_PROG_TCLSH, determined by
> find tcl8.4.6 -type f | xargs fgrep PROG_TCLSH
>
> By googling around, i found
> http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/tcl/sampleextension/configure.in?rev=1.37
> which is quite different from the macros.
>
> so... i come to think that SC_PROG_TCLSH is currently the way to go,
> but TEA2 will at some time do everything better with new TEA_* macros

Actually the sampleextension-0.2 is years old, and I should remove
the entire www.tcl.tk/doc/tea/ area, since I haven't had time to
correct the old docs. Most major extension all use TEA2 now (some
use TEA3 in fact, which is relatively recent). SC_PROG_TCLSH is NOT
the way to go. Note that the core does not use TEA (Tcl Extension
Architecture) because it is not an extension.

--
     Jeff Hobbs, The Tcl Guy
     http://www.ActiveState.com/, a division of Sophos