Re: [Xotcl] XOtcl 1.3 bug

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 23:26:33 +0200

Hi Attilio,
if i would be Mr Spock, i would say "fascinating".

The example can be simplified to:

   set pippo 1
   Object o
   puts [o exists pippo]
   Object o::p
   puts [o exists pippo]

and was like this already at least in 0.9 (in 2001),
most likely as well in all versions supporting "exists".

For the time being, you can use:

  Object instproc exists var {
    string compare [my info vars $var] ""
  }
  puts [o exists pippo]
  o set pippo 1
  puts [o exists pippo]

It should be fixed properly in the forthcoming release.

best regards
-gustaf

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 17:38, Attilio Dona` wrote:
> Hy Gustaf and Uwe,
>
> We have the following bug:
>
> package require XOTcl
> namespace import xotcl::*
>
> xotcl::Class::Parameter create Param -parameter {
> {value ""}
> }
>
> Class create MA -superclass Class
>
> MA parameter {{v -Class {Param -value ciao} -default 1}}
>
> MA create A
>
> puts "A exists pippo: [A exists pippo]"
>
> set pippo 10
>
> puts "A exists pippo: [A exists pippo]"
>

> --> A exists pippo: 0
> --> A exists pippo: 1
>
> This is true if you have at least one parameter defined for a Metaclass
> and for every global variable defined!
>
> ciao
> Attilio

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
>
> This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above
> and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message
> in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited.
> Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should
> you have any questions, please contact us by replying to
> webmaster_at_telecomitalia.it.
>
> Thank you
>
> www.telecomitalia.it

Univ.Prof. Dr.Gustaf Neumann
Abteilung für Wirtschaftsinformatik und Neue Medien
Wirtschaftsuniversität Wien, Augasse 2-6, 1090 Wien