Re: [Xotcl] memory leak analysis

From: Ben Thomasson <ben.thomasson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:00:02 -0400

I recompiled tcl8.4.10 and xotcl1.3.6 for -DTCL_MEM_DEBUG=1 -g and -00 and
then run valgrind on the attached scripts. Unfortunately I couldnt find
anything in the debug outputs to pin point the problem. However I did find
that the scripts memLeakMixin and memLeakMultiMixin do increase memory over
time. memLeakClass does not increase memory over time.

It seems that the memory leak is related to the number of instmixins on the
class A. memLeakMulitMixin uses far more memory than does memLeakMixin.

Any suggestions where to go next?

Ben

--
You know you have reached perfection of design not when you have nothing
more to add, but when you have nothing more to take away. --Antoine de Saint