[Xotcl] [volatile] documented in wrong section?

From: Kristoffer Lawson <setok_at_fishpool.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 18:08:15 +0300

In the online reference manual, the volatile method is documented
under Class, meaning it would be a class procedure. However the way
it is demonstrated is:

Object new -volatile

Which would mean the object's [volatile] method is called. If
[volatile] was actually a class procedure, then the object instance
would not see it. In fact, it makes little sense that it would be a
class procedure instead of one that can be applied to any object. Or
have I missed something here?

In a similar vein, can [volatile] be called at any point, not just
during object instantiation? I might be getting an object returned
from somewhere else and, in that proc, I may want to make it volatile
so as to not have to worry about the point of destruction.

            / http://www.fishpool.com/~setok/