[Xotcl] Resurrecting XOTcl for Debian

From: Stefan Sobernig <stefan.sobernig_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 14:56:50 +0100

Dear XOTcl community!

XOTcl is now available in the official Debian sid/unstable suite of
packages, starting with the most recent release (1.6.0)!
We are also confident that XOTcl will, therefore, be featured in
upcoming Ubuntu releases (probably in the second half of the year, i.e.
the post-8.04 release).

You will find the following XOTcl Debian packages:

xotcl (core)
xotcl-shells (xotclsh, xowish + man pages)
xotcl-dev (headers + static libs, i.e. stubs)
xotcl-doc (language reference + manual)
aolserver4-xotcl (AOLServer 4.0.10/4.5 module)

They are about to be spreaded to the Debian mirror network within the
next hours. For now, they can be found at:

http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/x/xotcl/

Over the last couple of weeks, we packaged and contributed XOTcl to
Debian sid/ unstable under the sponsorship of the Debian Tcl/Tk
maintainers. We would like to express our gratitude to the two chief
Debian Tcl/Tk maintainers, Sergei Golovan and Francesco Lovergine, who
supported and reviewed our packaging efforts.

Please, report package-related bugs through the Debian bug tracker system:
see http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting

General requests should be send to the Debian Tcl/Tk mailing list:

Enjoy!

//stefan
--
Stefan Sobernig
Institute for Information Systems and New Media