Re: [Xotcl] XOTcl and Tcl 8.6

From: Koen Danckaert <koen_at_retarget.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 17:37:02 +0100

Dear Gustaf,

I have seen the slides on XOTcl 2.0 and am looking forward to it :-)
However, in the meantime, I wanted to get an existing version of XOTcl working with Tcl 8.6.

XOTcl 1.6.5 does not work with Tcl 8.6 because it requires a function which is not present in Tcl8.6 anymore: TclObjInterpProcCore().

So I switched back to an earlier version of XOTcl (1.6.1), which apparently does not require this function.

I still had to apply some small modifications:
- replacing interp->errorLine by Tcl_GetErrorLine(interp)
- adding some "const" qualifications
but finally managed to compile XOTcl 1.6.1 with Tcl8.6.

If you're interested, I can send you the patch.

Thanks for all the good work on XOTcl !

Best regards,
Koen Danckaert