Re: [Xotcl] troubleshooting

From: Gustaf Neumann <neumann_at_wu-wien.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:29:00 +0200

  Dear Victor,

many thanks for the short example! i have compiled xotcl
1.6.6 with
my three test releases, the script runs fine in every version,
also valgrind did not report unusual happenings, but i tried
so far only with mac os x with 64bit.

i am slightly confused about the activestate version number
TCL 8.6.0.0b4. There was never a version of Tcl 8.6 b4 released
(or tagged on sourceforge). As you wrote, the tcl_patchLevel
is 8.6b1.2, which is the current HEAD release (and therefore
a moving target). Apparently, activestate uses its own tags.
Have you seen somewhere on activestate a source-release?

-gustaf neumann